Request for submissions: messy cabling and other broken things

John Kinsella jlk at thrashyour.com
Tue Dec 16 22:29:30 UTC 2003

Always liked the work my fellow coworkers at Globix used to do - I don't
have any shots of SJC or NYC online (too bad - a few projects I went to
alot of trouble on to show the rest how it should be done ;) ), but
here's one of our demo panels from LHR:

http://thrashyour.com/lhr1-wiringdemo.jpg

And yeah, most of what was under the floors in all the DCs looked like
that, and yeah I hear for strict cat5 regs that they shouldn't be
velcroed together like that.  Wire wraps were never used (only velcro),
bundles are laid down so that shortest is on the bottom side, longest
on the top.

John