email peering and abuse reporting, was Re: Need Contact at RoadRunner

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Dec 8 18:07:16 UTC 2003

> Part of the problem is that there are no agreed rules of engagement
> for email abuse issues. By setting up email peering agreements in
> advance, we could put those rules of engagement in place and we
> could ensure that our email peers have the *RIGHT* contact
> information.

Agreed.  One of the things that I would really like the new improved
ASRG to work on is email abuse report standards.  Just a standard
abuse report format in XML that makes it possible to tell reliably
who's complaining, what they're complaining about, any why they think
you're responsible (IP address, URL, whatever) would be a big step
forward.

>Anyone for a joint NANOG/CAUCE meeting? http://www.cauce.org

CAUCE is about anti-spam laws more than anti-spam technology, but
fortunately it only takes a moment to switch CAUCE hat for my ASRG
hat.

Regards,
http://www.taugh.com