Need Contact at RoadRunner

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Sat Dec 6 00:24:12 UTC 2003

I think part of the problem is not only to notify but provide information
for techs at another ISP to know what kind of problem they have (and if
you block them, they may not be able to reach you to even ask).

I would remind that this thread started from Tom telling us that roadrunner
did not even record whey thy blocked him. Not only should they have recorded
it but perhaps had a location where Tom could find that:
 1. He's being blocked
 2. Why he is being blocked with particular example of abuse that caused it
 3. How long will block last or what steps he should take if he corrected
    the problem to notify and get the block removed

Since its difficult to maintain tracking system like this for every ISP,
perhaps a more centralized abuse clearing house could be developed (by
centralized does not mean it should involve in these disputes just provide
forum for one ISP to record filtering policies that are being applied to
another one). In fact more then one system like this can exist and ISPs
may choose which system they use or run their own system, what would be
important is to let everyone know what system they are using and how to
get information from it, preferably in real time.