AOL rejecting mail from IP's w/o reverse DNS ?

Crist Clark crist.clark at globalstar.com
Thu Dec 4 22:04:54 UTC 2003

Adam McKenna wrote:

> > > consider the label of the ns rr to delegate only 1.2.3.42
> >
> > Do you mean ns.42.3.2.1.in-addr.arpa?  I still don't see what's wrong with
> > the following, or how it leads to cache poisoning or leaky name space.
> >
> > 42.3.2.1.in-addr.arpa IN NS ns.42.3.2.1.in-addr.arpa.
> > ns.42.3.2.1.in-addr.arpa IN A 5.6.7.86
>
> Eight hours later, and I'm still waiting for a reply on this.  Were the
> original attacks by Pete Ehlke warranted, or would he care to retract his
> statements?

  $ dig 3.2.1.in-addr.arpa soa

  $ dig 42.3.2.1.in-addr.arpa soa

Crist J. Clark                               crist.clark at globalstar.com
Globalstar Communications                                (408) 933-4387

The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential,
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.
If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please contact postmaster at globalstar.com