AOL rejecting mail from IP's w/o reverse DNS ?

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Wed Dec 3 19:50:27 UTC 2003

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:

> ... and it will be a zero-sum game once the spammers (or their
> complicit ISPs) fix their in-addrs too.

I disagree. I don't think the spammers, by and large, 'own' their IP
addresses. They are using (as someone said) hijacked space, or compromised
machines.

Odds are since many of these machines aren't SUPPOSED to be sending mail in
the first place, no one is going to complain, so nothing is going to be done
about them.