AOL rejecting mail from IP's w/o reverse DNS ?

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at outblaze.com
Wed Dec 3 16:28:19 UTC 2003

Joe Abley  writes on 12/3/2003 11:11 AM:

> RFC2317.

that'd still involve the ISP inserting stuff in their nameservers.

when "isp admins" are substituted by "drones working out of templates /
web forms" ...

ps - there's of course the rather umm... interesting content below ;)
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/avoid-rfc-2317-delegation.html

> Maybe more people should do what AOL says they may do, then.

I'm all in favor of it - but I'm still reluctant to dump legit mail
that'll get dumped if I do this.  I'll have to be pushed a lot farther
before I start doing this (and with spam levels increasing the way they
are ...).

--
srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations