WLAN shielding

Scott McGrath mcgrath at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 1 20:54:43 UTC 2003

There is an adage in the Wireless industry.  If it will hold water it will
hold RF Energy.  Unfortunately this is true and the only method by which
you can prevent the egress of 2.4 GHz signals from a defined area is by
the use of a faraday cage and since the wavelength is short you need a
very fine mesh screen or solid metal walls.   This is expensive.

If you really want to use wireless I would recommend a VPN solution with
the authentication being a one time password solution.  i.e. SecureID

                            Scott C. McGrath