incorrect spam setups cause spool messes on forwarders

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Dec 1 19:56:37 UTC 2003

>>> this is the ability of a single host operator to make
>>> their own local policy decisions.
>> which leads to the heat death of the net
> or allows the net to prosper, since policy is distributed rather
> than centralised.

consider verifying, or making any assertions about, or having any
confidence in, the correctness of a universe of distributed and
opaque policy.

i once worked for an m&a isp which acquired some sixty+ small isps.
my comment on the non-global thinkers in the acquisitions was
"think locally, act globally."

randy