incorrect spam setups cause spool messes on forwarders

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at outblaze.com
Mon Dec 1 18:53:14 UTC 2003

Neezam Haniff  writes on 12/1/2003 1:46 PM:

> On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>>So this would connect to the MX of gerbangmail.com and try to verify
>>that whatever at gerbangmail.com exists.
>
> 	Out of curiosity, would you know offhand how they do the
> validation?

It is my job to know, I guess ... as other people's jobs here are to
know which routes are flapping where.

Mail filtering policies at an ISP can have quite unintended consequences
on mail delivery from other ISPs.  Especially ISPs that have a huge
number of users with .forwards set to Verizon mailboxes.

--
srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations