What do you want your ISP to block today?

John_York at Dell.com John_York at Dell.com
Sun Aug 31 14:48:28 UTC 2003

From: Owen DeLong

> When was the last time you installed a Micr0$0ft security fix that was
> less than 5MB? (I have yet to see one)

SQL Slammer patch fit on a floppy (I remember - I walked around with that
floppy for hours that night).
Blaster patch fits on a floppy unless you're running a 64-bit version of
Windows, in which case it is over 5MB. Seems like the patch for Windows
Server 2003 32-bit may be ~4-5MB, too.

> Shall we also compare the realtive timetables between vulnerability
> awareness and general patch availablility?

Not gonna touch that one. :)

FWIW, I only run Linux servers, so I don't have an interest in defending MS
- just setting the filesize record straight :)

John