What do you want your ISP to block today?

Christopher L. Morrow chris at UU.NET
Sat Aug 30 06:49:42 UTC 2003

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> What would be great though is a system where there is an automatic
> check to see if there is any return traffic for what a customer sends
> out. If someone keeps sending traffic to the same destination without
> anything coming back, 99% chance that this is a denial of service
> attack. If someone sends traffic to very many destinations and in more
> than 50 or 75 % of the cases nothing comes back or just an ICMP port
> unreachable or TCP RST, 99% chance that this is a scan of some sort.

No... I have one T1 to Sprint and one T1 to AT&T, I think my AT&T bill
will be high this month so I stop sending OUT AT&T and only accept
traffic, all my traffic in that link... So now I push OUT sprint and IN
AT&T. I don't want sprint to kill my connection just because all traffic
to me is entering AT&T do I?