dry pair

Patrick Felt pfelt at quintam.com
Fri Aug 29 20:52:28 UTC 2003

I have been following the thread very intensly since I read the article that
William Warren posted.

I also have two locations that I wish to connect, and we were looking at
802.11b with cantennas.  This may not work because it looks like there are a
lot of trees between the two locations, and they may be just out of range.
We weren't sure what our other options where till this came along (we really
can't afford t1 connections).

Qwest has stated that one of the two locations has the fiber connectivity
Randy Neals mentioned below.  That does put a damper on the homebrew dsl
connectivity.

How would an alarm company get around this?  Would Qwest need to run copper
into the neighborhood if any one of the people purchased an alarm?  If not,
how would the alarm company get the signal pushed through the fiber, and
could that be done with the dsl signal?

pat