Fun new policy at AOL

JC Dill nanog at vo.cnchost.com
Fri Aug 29 20:05:58 UTC 2003

At 12:45 PM 8/29/2003, Vivien M. wrote:

> > On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Vivien M. wrote:
> >
> > > And what do you do if you're not the admin for the relay? And what
> > > about if the admin tells you "This is why we installed some webmail
> > > package. Use that instead."?
> >
> > You switch service provider or give them a whack with the cluebat.
>
>And if the "service provider" is your employer/educational institution? You
>quit your job? Drop out of school? Swallow your pride and suffer with
>webmail?

You do the same thing you do when they implement other stupid policies -
you live with the policy, or you work around it.  If your school makes a
stupid policy that you can't park your car between the hours of 8 am and 9
am, you get there before 8 or after 9, or you have a friend drop you off,
or take the bus, or you pay to park in the lot across the street.

jc