Fw: GLBX ICMP rate limiting (was RE: Tier-1 without their own backbone?)

Christopher L. Morrow chris at UU.NET
Thu Aug 28 19:15:27 UTC 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 alex at yuriev.com wrote:

> > http://tinyurl.com/li0s
> >
> > Neither is really an 'order' so much as a 'suggestion'.. either way, its
> > kind of inappropriate to make this suggestion without knowing how each
> > operator can or could apply a fix... that is my opinion atleast.
>
> The thing is - DHS told us so is the new favourite excuse for operators to
> refuse to fix anything that is/or could be broken.
>
> Over last two weeks I have heard the "We have implemented the DHS order" as
> the excuse from

-- snip excuses --

> Of course, the moment one hears the "DHS told us" line, nothing else can be
> done.

perhaps a change in vendors is in order? I can't see why people would lie
about this, or why they'd listen to the 'request' from DHS in the first
place ;( Oh well.