Fun new policy at AOL

Roland Perry nanog at internetpolicyagency.com
Thu Aug 28 17:26:17 UTC 2003

In article <DD7FE473A8C3C245ADA2A2FE1709D90B06C49C at server2003.arneill-
py.sacramento.ca.us>, Michel Py <michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us>
writes
>eating some
>email from no reason, having limits in attachment size, you can't have a
>mailing list that way, etc.

Isn't this where we started? One ISP I know decided to limit customers
to 200 outgoing recipients a day. Great for stopping spammers, great for
stopping anyone running a mailing list, or mailing to big cc: lists [1].
Hey, on a good day, I can even send 200 one-to-one emails.

[1] I regularly get emails with 60-80 people listed, bad practice
perhaps, but it's all some users seem to be able to implement.
--
Roland Perry