W32/Sobig-F - Halflife correlation ???

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Aug 28 16:58:30 UTC 2003

Realistically, it doesn't need a hole to communicate.  All it needs to do
is impersonate a player that doesn't mind dying alot.  It can still
communicate
with it's "team-mates" using the built-in communications channels in the
game
and it can still use CS servers as a directory service.  These are FEATURES
of the game with no vulnerability required.

Owen

--On Tuesday, August 26, 2003 6:12 AM -0500 Adam 'Starblazer' Romberg