Fun new policy at AOL

McBurnett, Jim jmcburnett at msmgmt.com
Thu Aug 28 15:15:29 UTC 2003

-On Thursday, August 28, 2003 4:18 PM, Matthew Crocker <matthew at crocker.com>
-wrote:
->
-> Shouldn't customers that purchase IP services from an ISP use the ISPs
-> mail server as a smart host for outbound mail?
-
-At least here in DE there are resellers of DTAG which offer DSL connections
-without any SMTP relay. If you want relaying you also have to order a domain
-via them. More funny: you cannot deliver mails to DTAG (actually T-Online)
-as the resellers use address space of DTAG and hence the DTAG servers
-believe you are a customer of them and should use the internal relays ...
-
-Arnold

I wouldn't say that the answer is to use a relay..
I have had the problem, and due to the business we are in, we sometimes are
forced to email proofs that can be as big at 10 Meg, zipped....
Don't think many would allow us to realy that......