Fun new policy at AOL

Roland Perry nanog at internetpolicyagency.com
Thu Aug 28 14:06:10 UTC 2003

In article <20030828111600.C282.RICHARD at mandarin.com>, Richard Cox
<Richard at mandarin.com> writes
>We can thank the usual suspects - Cogent, Qwest, AT&T, Comcast - and in
>Europe: BT, NTL and possibly the world-abuse-leader, Deutsche Telekom
>(who run dtag.de and t-dialin.net) for this being the situation.

Here's another tale of undeliverable email. It seems that [at least] one
of those organisations you mention assigns IP addresses for its ADSL
customers from the same blocks as dial-up. Which means that
organisations using MAPS-DUL reject email from teleworkers (or indeed
people running businesses with an ADSL connection) who run their own
SMTP servers.
--
Roland Perry