GLBX ICMP rate limiting (was RE: Tier-1 without their own bac kbone?)

Temkin, David temkin at sig.com
Thu Aug 28 12:49:32 UTC 2003

Not that Yipes is necessarily a transit provider by any means, but they have
done the same thing within the cores of their network.  I was
troubleshooting an issue yesterday that was pointing to them for 15-20%
packet loss, and I called them and they stated that they started rate
limiting ICMP last weekend, but that it was only on a temporary basis.