Tier-1 without their own backbone?

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Aug 28 03:10:52 UTC 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Sean Crandall wrote:

> I have about 5 GB of IP transit connections from Level3 across 8 markets
> (plus using their facilities for our backbone).  Level3 has been very solid
> on the IP transit side.
>
> MFN/AboveNet has also been very good to us.

Another happy Level3 customer.

We have a similarly sized connection to MFN/AboveNet, which I won't
recommend at this time due to some very questionable null routing they're
doing (propogating routes to destinations, then bitbucketing traffic sent
to them) which is causing complaints from some of our customers and
forcing us to make routing adjustments as the customers notice
MFN/AboveNet has broken our connectivity to these destinations.

Or as they say, I encourage my competitors buy from them.

 Atlantic Net                |