Cross-country shipping of large network/computer gear?

just me matt at snark.net
Thu Aug 28 02:38:03 UTC 2003

On 27 Aug 2003, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:

  "N. Richard Solis" <nrsolis at aol.net> writes:

  > FedEx will be your best bet.  Trust me.

  FedEx Heavy = "pay a surcharge for heavy boxes, get it moved by a 120
  pound delivery person with a handtruck rather than a pallet jack or
  other appropriate freight handling equipment... and dropped off the
  truck".  My experience is a 40% damage rate when shipping Cisco 7507
  and 7513 routers via FedEx Heavy.  Here are some pictures from back
  when I was at AboveNet: http://www.seastrom.com/fedex/

You aren't alone:

http://www.16paws.com/FedEx/

matto

   Flowers on the razor wire/I know you're here/We are few/And far
   between/I was thinking about her skin/Love is a many splintered
   thing/Don't be afraid now/Just walk on in. #include <disclaim.h>