Cross-country shipping of large network/computer gear?

nanog nanog at wjp.net
Thu Aug 28 00:56:09 UTC 2003

> I still fail to see why I would choose an organiztion with handles hundreds
> of times more packages, most weighing less and being less breakable than
> mine, over one with the specialized equipment to move it.  An air cargo
> carrier with heavy-cargo equipment is still less likely to drop a pallet
> off a pallet jack than an express shipper with a handtruck.  That their
> respective employees are equally lackadaisical doesn't mean all other
> factors have been equalized.

Fedex != Fedex Freight

I have had fedex "heavyweight" boxes trashed, but have never had an
issue with Fedex Freight.  They show up with a liftgate or box truck,
and a pallet jack.   If your load is not palletized, they put it on
one in the truck.

I think Fedex Freight is a bit more in the "heavy moving" industry
than Fedex, agreed.

bill

ps. Is this operational? :)