Cross-country shipping of large network/computer gear?

Matthew Zito mzito at gridapp.com
Wed Aug 27 23:08:40 UTC 2003

Thanks to everyone for all of the responses.  I got in touch with a number
of companies - the two big common sticking points seem to be insuring
shipments of greater than 50k value and the SLAs on their freight delivery.
Overall (price vs. SLA vs. convenience), FedEx won, though they max out at
50k insurance per shipment.  ForwardAir was the nicest and most helpful, but
they charge $1 per $100 of shipped value and they have very rigid packing
requirements for high-value shipments (plus a 4-day delivery timeframe).
Airborne Express was notable for their willingness to insure well above the
50k max per shipment, though they require advance notice.

Thanks again,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito