Max TNT ping thing

Andy Walden andy at tigerteam.net
Wed Aug 27 15:35:14 UTC 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Geo. wrote:

> Someone on this list had mentioned a network card for the Max TNT that made
> it immune to the nachia worm ping issue.
>
> Is that the 4 port (3 ethernet, 1 fast ether) card or the single port card
> with the dongle thing  or something else?

It turns out this was a bogus solution. Since the load was lower
afterwards, my tech thought it had been fixed. We tried limiting the size
of the route cache as someone had recommended, as well as applying all of
the filters without relief. This morning I had them just disable the route
cache to see what happens. I will post the results. We did end up buying a
support contract from Lucent after they said they had a fix and would
tell us what it was after we paid them. They just supplied the filter. At
this point, they have exactly zero clue as to what to do next.

andy
--
PGP Key Available at http://www.tigerteam.net/andy/pgp