Sprint folks - can you help?

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Tue Aug 26 20:36:10 UTC 2003

   I could really use an assist from someone at Sprint - I'm a
consultant for an AS that receives service from two ISPs who peer with
Sprint. One of them is a healthy regional who listens to me about BGP,
the other, well, I wish them the best of luck, but we really, really,
really want to put a stop to inconsistent AS path problems. We have a
/24 from Sprint space that came from the large healthy ISP and the
little one has presented it as being sourced from their AS - this is
fixed now, but we want permanent relief from the problem. The small ISP
lacks internal BGP cluons, they refuse to use mine, and the AS owner has
had more than enough.

  We've asked the little ISP to have their filter modified so they can't
present our prefix but they're still trying to 'retain the account'.
I've filled out a request on the Sprint web interface for BGP filters
for their private line, carefully explaining the situation, and instead
of getting contact from Sprint to sort it all out, they apparently just
notified the little ISP that we made the request, which has triggered a
further, unwanted round of 'customer service'.

  This is *not* a big deal, but there isn't an appropriate checkbox on
the otherwise spiffy Sprint BGP request form that covers this situation,
so I'm pleading for help here.

mailto:neal at lists.rauhauser.net
phone:402-301-9555
"After all that I've been through, you're the only one who matters,
you never left me in the dark here on my own" - Widespread Panic