Fortune: Peter Lewis reports from the front lines of the worm wars

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Sun Aug 24 18:27:02 UTC 2003

Peter Lewis, a writer for Fortune.com (and I believe previously for
the New York Times) reviews his week in his Weblog.

The East Coast blackout, two disk crashes, a backhoe cuts his phone
lines, worm attacks on AOL Time Warner's corporate network, and then
the worm gets him (or rather his computer).

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/ontech/0,15918,477882,00.html
The Worm Turns - August 22 2003

> Did this week suck, or what?
>
> Perhaps as retribution for my smug comments on the radio last week that
> MY house, MY office and MY computer networks were unaffected by the Big
> Blackout of 2003, the technology banshees came visiting Monday morning.
[...]