W32/Sobig-F - Halflife correlation ???

Darren Smith data at barrysworld.com
Sat Aug 23 11:17:32 UTC 2003

Hi

I popped onto #nanog on efnet last night reporting UDP 'Gaming' Traffic
hitting our services from those 20 boxes and got laughed at for suggesting
"game" traffic, i'm glad someone else noticed it too!

We run lots of Game Servers in the UK and most of the CS ones were getting
traffic from those 20 boxes (blocked with an ACL) - i'll have to check
through my netflow logs for more details.

Also, "Stephen J. Wilcox" saw traffic destined for his CS Servers.

They were trying to hit servers in multiple subnets, all on ports 270XX.

Best Regards

Darren Smith
Game Digital Ltd