DDoS traffic

Matthew Sullivan matthew at sorbs.net
Fri Aug 22 14:05:09 UTC 2003

Matthew Sullivan wrote:

> My appologies if this is against the group topic (and someone please
> let me know so I will not post again if I come to the same position)...
>
> Is there a member of Comcast Abuse here...
>
> For some time now a host has been attempting to DoS (as part of a
> larger DDoS) one of my machines.  I have a reporting script that has
> now been running for at least 24 hours with no change in the traffic
> (even Kornet has clean up their reported hosts)...

To clarify:

The reporting script is sending reports to abuse at comcast.net and has
been for the last 48 hours (ish).... It has a forced minimum time delay
between reports to avoid flooding the address in the case of high
volumes of traffic.

The reports are sent regarding a single IP addresses traffic to avoid
confusion.

The script is a last resort when the DoS traffic continues unabated.  I
have not, nor am able to call their NOC.

Yours

Mat