email virus ==> over the top

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Thu Aug 21 15:10:12 UTC 2003

  No one loves me and I don't get much email from the folks who tolerate
me. I just got back from having lunch with some guys who tolerate me and
I found scads of messages from all over -the funniest among the bunch
for our Nanog readers:

<user>@cisco.com
<user>@tacnet.com
<user>@wcom.com
<user>@sprint.com

  Looks like my internetwork equipment vendor and my two favorite peers
have their Windoze stuff in a complete state of 'higgledy piggledy' - a
technical term from Bloom County cartoons, for those not old enough to
remember.

  I hate to rub it in, but I've got fifty days of uptime on everything
I'm responsible for and the only reason it isn't a hundred and fifty is
due to me taking them down for an OS upgrade.

root         1  0.0  0.1   552    0  ??  ILs   3Jul03   0:01.56
/sbin/init --

  Windows is a question presented to each of us. Some find their answer
here ==> http://freebsd.org