Email virus protection

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Aug 21 07:02:19 UTC 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:49:07 PDT, chuck goolsbee <chucklist at forest.net>  said:

> majority. My nanog list mail account got joejobbed by the
> "Netscalibur" user, both as sender and receiver (supposedly from
> Valdis Kletnieks, and somebody at NetSol.) and I've never seen what
> an Outlook mail client looks like. =)

Erm.. wasn't me.. though so far I've had 1,787 of the suckers show up in my
personal mailbox.  Fortunately, they were defanged by our Mirapoints, so they
were only 2K rather than 80K each ;)

Meanwhile, I've had 52 "You sent us a virus" bounces.  I'm pretty sure this
Linux laptop didn't do it. ;)

My favorite so far?  Had to be the site whos spamfilter said this:

Original headers follow