www.ebay.com down?

JC Dill nanog at vo.cnchost.com
Thu Aug 21 05:34:11 UTC 2003

At 10:12 PM 8/20/2003, Mehmet Akcin wrote:

>We were unable to process your request We are sorry, but we were unable to
>process your request.  Please check the eBay Announcement Board for updates
>on recent and upcoming changes, major system issues, and other important
>eBay news.
>
>however I was unable to reach the announcement board

There are already dozens of similar posts to alt.online.marketing.ebay from
users in many different areas.  It looks like eBay is severely screwed up
all around, and unreachable on many different servers (in the US and UK, on
both current and closed auction servers, on the message board servers,
half.com, etc.).  PayPal seems to still be working.

jc