Hey netscalibur! (was: Re: Hijacked email)

Christopher Chin cchin at ack.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Aug 20 17:53:02 UTC 2003

Today at 18:38 (+0100), Dan Houghton wrote:

> Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:38:43 +0100
> From: Dan Houghton <dan at houghton.org.uk>
> To: Christopher Chin <cchin at ack.Berkeley.EDU>
> Cc: nanog at merit.edu
> Subject: Re: Hey netscalibur! (was: Re: Hijacked email)
>
>   [. . .]
>
> IP in question is in use by a Netscalibur UK customer. The RIPE whois
> record for the IP provides the abuse@ contact details (which is staffed and
> dealt with correctly) but also noticed you emailed onto
> noc at netscalibur.co.uk as well.
>
> I'll make sure that the NOC staff deal with it and get these stopped.

Thanks for the quick response, Dan.  It's great to
hear that you have alert folks on the other end of both abuse@
and noc@ roles.

As with most organizations, we have a fair amount of overlap
between queries that arrive at abuse@, security@, and noc@,
but we tend to handle operational issues via noc, and abuse@ is
mostly for questionable behavior (intentional or otherwise) by
our local users.  With that in mind, I figured noc at netscalibur
would be the more appropriate address.  Please do let me know
(offline is OK too) if that is not your preference.

Thanks,
 - Christopher