Did Sean Gorman's maps show the cascading vulnerability in Oh io?

Omachonu Ogali nanog at missnglnk.com
Mon Aug 18 21:11:22 UTC 2003

And here we all go again, talking about something we have no clue
about. In case you have forgotten, I would like to remind you all
of certain things (in no particular order).

You ARE NOT:
a) electric utilities
b) independent system operators
c) utility workers who actually climb poles
d) excavators
e) the 'call before you dig' service
f) library curators
g) large wireless carriers
h) the united states government
i) sean gorman
j) terrorists
k) generator manufacturers
l) any of the people dead due to the blackout
m) transmission lines
n) circuit breakers
o) transformers
p) regulators
q) power plant operators
r) the north american energy reliability council
s) members of the north american energy reliability council
t) in charge of dispersing lightning
u) the canadian government
v) control board logic
w) active energy traders
x) senior-level execs at energy companies
y) the lake erie loop
z) the loch ness monster

You ARE:
a) network engineers
b) network administrators
c) network technicians
d) system administrators
e) (insert any other random network related title here)
f) END USERS OF THE U.S. POWER INFRASTRUCTURE

Have a happy angst-filled low-voltage day.