Did Sean Gorman's maps show the cascading vulnerability in Ohio?

Scott McGrath mcgrath at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 18 15:59:26 UTC 2003

We have a permutation of this in NH.  When the hole is greater than 1'
deep we need a permit.  This does illustrate the difficulties though we
have too much government interference now. _but_ we do need some way of
ensuring that information is used responsibly and I do not think that a
government agency is the right way to go about solving this dilemma.

Out here in the sticks a popular form of entertainment seems to be
shooting out the insulators on transmission lines.  I really do not want
to tell Bubba and Joe which lines will plunge the region into darkness.
On the other hand I need the information so that I can put into place the
appropriate measures to ensure that services stay online in the event
Bubba and Joe hit the wrong line.

                            Scott C. McGrath