microsoft.com

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Aug 15 23:40:49 UTC 2003

Crist Clark wrote:
> Some news outlets are reporting this is actually Microsoft's plan,
>
>   http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105_2-5064433.html

I'm sure Microsoft is aware that many networks are severly pissed off
about the extra overhead they are enduring because of this worm. I think
my helpdesk said, "Fry 'em." While we'll continue monitoring and
cleaning up systems scanning for infections, the DOS side of the worm
and variants is rather tame and will be allowed through so long as it
meets standard egress/ingress policy. I just can't see a bunch of
already employee starved networks devoting more resources just to save
Microsoft from their own vulnerability.

-Jack