Big power outage in Ontario ?

Scott Fendley scottf at uark.edu
Thu Aug 14 21:26:52 UTC 2003

I have heard rumours about a fire in the Con Ed facility causing the plant
to go offline.  Somewhere after that plant went offline, supposedly other
plants in the grid tripped due to the amount of load they were having to
cover.

US News on CNN is reporting that this is not an act of terrorism.  Which
is a good thing?  Anyone have a good map of the US Power Grid and where
the grids connect to each other?  Might be useful information for the
network guys to have available for disaster recovery situations.

Scott