Power outage in North East

Jim Duncan jnduncan at cisco.com
Thu Aug 14 21:04:29 UTC 2003

Joel Perez writes:
> Has anyone heard of a big Power outage in the North east?
> I just got a call from one of my tech's in the GBLX bldg in Newark, NJ
> at 1085 raymond and they are telling him that they lost power!
> But I also got a call from AT&T in NY that they also lost Power!

CNN is reporting a sizable power outage affecting New York City,
Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto, and Ottawa.  The subways have
stopped in Manhattan and folks are walking in the streets.  A
transformer is on fire on 14th street.

I just spoke on the phone with a friend in Ann Arbor, and he confirmed
the complete power outage there.

	Jim

==
Jim Duncan, Critical Infrastructure Assurance Group, Cisco Systems, Inc.
jnduncan at cisco.com, +1 919 392 6209, http://www.cisco.com/go/ciag/.
PGP: DSS 4096/1024 E09E EA55 DA28 1399 75EB D6A2 7092 9A9C 6DC3 1821