East Coast outage?

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Thu Aug 14 20:50:43 UTC 2003

>From CNN:

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A major power outage simultaneously struck several large
cities in the United States and Canada late Thursday afternoon.

Cities affected include New York; Boston, Massachusetts; Cleveland, Ohio;
Detroit, Michigan; Toronto, Ontario; and Ottawa, Ontario. The power outage
occurred shortly after 4 p.m.

<snip>

no word on the cause(s), but a ConEd transformer on East 14th street was
said to be on fine...not sure how that could affect other cities,
though...

up at 3.am							    http://3.am