Power outage in North East

Scott Francis darkuncle at darkuncle.net
Thu Aug 14 20:28:21 UTC 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 04:23:37PM -0400, jperez at numind.net said:

>    Has anyone heard of a big Power outage in the North east?
>
>    I just got a call from one of my tech's in the GBLX bldg in Newark, NJ
>    at 1085 raymond and they are telling him that they lost power!
>
>    But I also got a call from AT&T in NY that they also lost Power!

http://www.newsday.com/ny-outage0814,0,7193237.story?coll=ny-top-span-headlines

Fox News on generator power, JFK, La Guardia, City Hall, etc. etc. all
offline. Rumor is a ConEdison plant is on fire (CNN?)

(IRC makes for a great first response news service, but the stories are wrong
as often as not, and always vague. I guess some form of early warning is
better than nothing ...)
--
Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net
      illum oportet crescere me autem minui