Chicago routers and Genuity estates

Hank Nussbacher hank at att.net.il
Wed Aug 13 15:52:17 UTC 2003

I really hate to do this but I have no choice.  IUCC terminated its
services at the Genuity colo site at 216 W. Jackson, Chicago in May
2002.  We had a financial disagreement about the final bill and Genuity
refused to let us remove our routers from the site until our bill was
paid.  We finally agreed on final payment and we sent that in April
2003.  The check has been cashed, but no one now replies to any of our
letters (http://www.genuityestate.com/).  So until we have a letter
allowing us to remove our 7500 routers from their colo site, they are held
hostage.  Has anyone else been stuck in this situation and what have you
done to get a letter of release from Genuity Estates?

Thanks,
Hank