Port blocking last resort in fight against virus

Christopher L. Morrow chris at UU.NET
Wed Aug 13 14:53:34 UTC 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Mans Nilsson wrote:

> Even in an imperfect world, the solution lies in the edge, not even
> the CPE, but the end node, if you want to do more than pathetic
> bandaiding of the inherent problem of insecure applications on end
> nodes.

This is the point, atleast I, have been trying to make for 2 years... end
systems, or as close to that as possible, need to police themselves, the
granularity and filtering capabilities (content filtering even) are
available at that level alone.