RPC errors

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Tue Aug 12 15:24:40 UTC 2003

Jim Shankland wrote:
> On the not so bright side, I'm getting a steady stream of port 135
> SYNs from my fellow Comcast customers (i.e., presumably on my side
> of Comcast's filters), which may mean the horses have mostly already
> left the barn.

You'll see a lot of this. Establishing blocks in the local networks is
more time consuming than it's worth. Blocks are usually only in place
temporarily while other business practices are carried out; as any good
neighbor tries not to harrass fellow networks. Once decontamination
starts and users are fixed or suspended from service, blocks will
usually be removed and the world goes back to normal.

My own network has a two week deadline, although I'm gunning for being
done this week.

-Jack