Gigabit Media Converter

Vincent J. Bono vbono at vinny.org
Tue Aug 12 13:42:35 UTC 2003

Thanks for all the links and help!

The issue is cost and space, and all the products that will work seem to
cost upwards of $3,000 and do a lot more than we need or take up a few rack
units of space. I am probably going to build a small circuit to handle
connecting two GBICs back to back.  The pinout from molex was readily
available and we can get CWDM GBICs these days for $400 or less and more
normal frequencies for sub $150.

Anyway, anyone who is interested in the final product send me email off-list
and I'll keep you posted.

-vb