RPC errors

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Mon Aug 11 22:43:10 UTC 2003

Mark Segal wrote:
> I just put an access list on one of our cores with some spare cpu cycles..
> And 10% of the traffic looks like port 135 calls.....  Anyone else see this?
> Did I break anything legitimate?

There is legitimate use for 135, although normally it is not used in the
wild much. From what I can see, the 10% traffic mark is about average
and should mostly be infected systems. I've seen some tight-in network
scans from one of my networks to the others (within the same /18). Still
monitoring loads before I decide to crank in lists between networks to
limit cross infection. Tomorrow starts the fun... EU contact.

I plan to open up inbound first and let user's get infected, tracking
and purifying my network for about a week, perhaps two. Then I'll reopen
the network for full traffic if it looks clean enough. Emergency "Good
Neighbor" policy. :)

-Jack