[connie.davis at mail.internetseer.com: answerpointe.cctec.com]

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Sun Aug 10 17:25:15 UTC 2003

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Eric Germann wrote:

> You also have the sporadic people who say "for whatever reason, I said
> something on NANOG I shouldn't have because now that I am unemployed from a
> dot bomb, when I try to get a job, they search the web and these stupid
> posts I made show up in your archive and can you remove them so I can get a
> job???"  I explain to them the concept of an an archive.
>
> Whats the collective voice of NANOG say, keep it or kill it?

I think we're all big boys (and girls) here and understand that
subscribing to a large, archived mailing list will get your subscription
address on yet another "1,000 MILLION EMAIL ADDRESSES" CD.  I should hope
everyone here can implement, or at least ask for, basic spam filtering.
This isn't your grandmother's crochet chat group; everyone here should be
smart enough to at least glance at the Merit site before subscribing.

If you come in here and say things that make you unattractive as a
prospective employee, tough crap. :)  More jobs for the rest of us.

Charles