dcom worm released

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Thu Aug 7 14:37:59 UTC 2003

> To clarify --  I'm talking about a worm based around the
> exploit.

For the last few days (maybe its a full week now), we
do see SDBot variants that include the RPC DCOM exploit.
This has so far explained the increase in rpc scan
activity. At this point, I don't think they qualify
as a 'worm'. But its close.

http://www.dshield.org/port_report.php?port=135&recax=1&tarax=1

On the other hand, SQL Slammer is still a lot more
active at this point:

http://www.dshield.org/port_report.php?port=1434&recax=1&tarax=1

Johannes Ullrich                     jullrich at euclidian.com
         support at covad.net