Server Redundancy

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Wed Aug 6 18:45:33 UTC 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Austad, Jay wrote:

> I would recommend the CSS, but it seems to have quite a few bugs in the
> code that still need to be worked out, but the support for SSL
> acceleration is nice.

I was totally green to Cisco IOS when I was working on the
Arrowpoint at the time. I liken the bugs on the CSS to normal cisco IOS
quirks/bugs. (Complete with TAC trying to come up with reasons certain
features weren't available yet.)

I remember upgrading my Arrowpoint 1100 the first time Cisco released the
code for it and thinking the only thing they changed was the startup ASCII
logo. :-)

We all hedged bets that Cisco was going to absorb the CSS and just make it
a software feature on the Catalyst switches. I haven't heard of that
actually happening yet though.