When Security Guards Attack (was: clearblue part deux)

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Tue Aug 5 18:26:51 UTC 2003

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:03:56 -0700 John Kinsella <jlk at thrashyour.com> wrote:
> "On August 2 at 2:22 p.m. PDT, the on-duty guard mistakenly opened the
> protective cover and pressed the Emergency Power Off (EPO) button when
> he tried to silence the door audible alarm."

> I gotta remember that one.

back when i was a contracter at GE R&D, once a new electrician came into
our work area and told us that the lisp machines in our machine room were
running on emergency power and he was going to fix it for us.

we weren't quite quick enough to stop him from hitting the button labeled
"emergency power off".

in retrospect, it's funny, but at the time we were leaning towards killing
him right then and there.

cheers,
  richard
Richard Welty                                         rwelty at averillpark.net