Complaint of the week: Ebay abuse mail (slightly OT)

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Sun Aug 3 19:53:13 UTC 2003

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, David G. Andersen wrote:

> To add to the eternally annoying list of companies that ignore
> abuse@ mail... ebay now requires that you fill in their lovely
> little web form to send them a note.  Even if, say, you're
> trying to let them know about another scam going around that
> tries to use the machine www.hnstech.co.kr to extract people's
> credit card information.

It's funny you should bring that up. I got that e-mail a few days ago, and
figured I would do the nice thing for ebay and let them chase down someone
blatantly abusing their name and ran into the same brick wall. I finally
decided their hoops to get this information to them cost more generosity
than I felt like giving. I even went to the web page they suggested to try
and give them a copy of the msg with full headers and none of their
categories at the time matched: Good willed person trying to give you
ammunition for a company abusing your name.

I gave up, and left it as their problem if they don't want to take free
help to make their case easier. If they even had an "Other" option I could
have sent it to them.

*shrug* Their loss.