WANTED: ISPs with DDoS defense solutions

Rob Thomas robt at cymru.com
Sun Aug 3 00:59:37 UTC 2003

Hi, NANOGers.

] Yes.  External attacks are mostly show-offs by kids.  Insiders intend to
] do damage - that's the whole point of those attacks.

True.  Internal "oops" also tend to do far more damage than an
oops from the outside.  I've seen more than one bit of malware
get loose on a corporate network because someone internal was
analyzing it.  :|

] BTW, taking an unauthorized copy of company's sources when leaving company
] IS an attack...  how common is that?

Unclear, at least to me, though source code for just about
anything is traded in the underground.  Some of it is bogus,
enough of it is not.

Thanks,
Rob.
--